Dr Ishwar Chandra Yadav was born in 1979 in Nepal. He is currently a CAS-TWAS postdoctor fellow working on POPs and arsenic in the Nepalese environment.
Geochemistry and hydrogeology of arsenic pollution, heavy metal pollution, and persistent organic pollutant in air, water and soils
2009-2012 PhD (Environment Science), Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India
2004-2006 M.Sc. (Environment Science), University of Mysore, Mysore, India
2000-2003 B.Sc. (Environment Science), Tribhuwan University, Kathmandu, Nepal
1. From 05/2014 to till 05/2016, TWAS-CAS Postdoctoral Fellow, Guangzhou Institute of Geochemistry, Guangzhou, China.
2. From 11/2012 to 06/2013, Postdoctoral Fellow, SRM Research Institute, SRM University, Kattankalathur, Chennai, India
Awards and Honours
1. CAS Postdoctoral Fellowship, Chinese Academy of Science, China-2014
2. NTU-NSC Postdoctoral Fellowship, Taipei, Taiwan-2013
3. Nepal Bidya Bhushan Padak “Ka”- 2013, Ministry of Education, Government of Nepal
4. Nepal Bidya Bhushan Padak “Kha”- 2013, Ministry of Education, Government of Nepal
5. Most interactive participant prize-2011 during workshop “Writing Research Paper” organized by National Academy of Science (NASI), India
6. ICCR-SAARC Doctoral Fellowship -2009, Indian Embassy, Kathmandu, Nepal
7. Smt. Meenakshamma Chandrashekar Gold Medal Award-2006
8. Hr Basvaraju Gemini Distilleri Endowment Gold Medal Award-2006
9. Late B Basvalingappa Memorial Trust Endowment Gold Medal Award-2006
10. Jindal Jubilee Gold Medal Award-2006
11. Murthy’s Cash Prize for Excellence Award-2006
- Yadav, Ishwar Chandra; Devi, Ningombam Linthoingmabi; Li, Jun; Zhang, Gan. Occurrence and source apportionment of halogenated flame retardants in the indoor air of Nepalese cities: Implication on human health. ATMOSPHERIC ENVIRONMENT, 2017, 161: 122-131. DOI：10.1016/j.atmosenv.2017.04.031
- Yadav, Ishwar Chandra; Devi, Ningombam Linthoingambi; Li, Jun; Zhang, Gan. Polychlorinated biphenyls in Nepalese surface soils: Spatial distribution, air-soil exchange, and soil-air partitioning. ECOTOXICOLOGY AND ENVIRONMENTAL SAFETY, 2017, 144: 498-506. DOI：10.1016/j.ecoenv.2017.06.057
- Yadav, Ishwar Chandra; Devi, Ningombam Linthoingambi; Li, Jun; Zhang, Gan; Breivik, Knut. Possible emissions of POPs in plain and hilly areas of Nepal: Implications for source apportionment and health risk assessment. ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTION, 2017, 220: 1289-1300. DOI：10.1016/j.envpol.2016.10.102
- Yadav, Ishwar Chandra; Devi, Ningombam Linthoingambi; Li, Jun; Syed, Jabir Hussain; Zhang, Gan; Watanabe, Hirozumi. Biomass burning in Indo-China peninsula and its impacts on regional air quality and global climate change-a review. ENVIRONMENTAL POLLUTION, 2017, 227: 414-427. DOI：10.1016/j.envpol.2017.04.085
- Yadav, Ishwar Chandra; Devi, Ningombam Linthoingambi; Li, Jun; Zhang, Gan; Shakya, Pawan Raj. Occurrence, profile and spatial distiibution of organochlorines pesticides in soil of Nepal: Implication for source apportionment and health risk assessment. SCIENCE OF THE TOTAL ENVIRONMENT, 2016, 573: 1598-1606. DOI：10.1016/j.scitotenv.2016.09.133
- Yadav IC, Devi NL, Singh S. 2014. Spatial and Temporal Variation in Arsenic in the Groundwater of Upstream of Ganges River Basin, Nepal. Environ. Earth Sci.
- Yadav IC, Devi NL, Mohan D, Shihua Qi, Singh S. 2014. Assessment of Groundwater Quality with Special Reference to Arsenic in Nawalparasi District, Nepal using Multivariate Statistical Techniques. Environ. Earth Sci. DOI: 10.1007/s12665-013-2952-4.
- Devi NL, Yadav IC, Shihua Q, Chakraborty P, Dan Y. 2014.Distribution and risk assessment of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) in the remote air and soil of Manipur, India. Environ. Earth Sci. DOI 10.1007/s12665-014-3284-8.
- Devi NL, Yadav IC, Shihua Qi. 2014. Atmospheric polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH) in Manipur of the Northeast India: monitoring on urban, rural and mountain sites. Polycyclic Aromatic Compounds 34: 12-343.
- Yadav IC, Singh S. 2013. Arsenic contamination –a societal issue. Current Science 105, 568.
- Dhuldhaj UP, Yadav IC, Singh S, Sharma NK. 2013. Microbial Interactions in the Arsenic Cycle: Adoptive Strategies and Applications in Environmental Management. Rev. Environ. Contam. Toxicol. 224, 1-38.
- Yadav IC, Singh S, Mohan D, Devi NL, Pahari M, Tater PS, Shakya BM
.2012.Spatial Distribution of Arsenic in Groundwater of Southern Nepal. Rev. Environ. Contam. Toxicol. 218, 125-140.
- Yadav IC, Devi NL, Singh S, Prasad AGD. 2012. Sustainable use of Vermicomposting in Mysore Zoo, India. Waste Management 32(1):235-237.
- Yadav IC, Dhuldhaj UP, Mohan D, Singh S. 2011. Current status of groundwater arsenic and its impacts on health and mitigation measures in the Terai basin of Nepal: An overview. Environ. Rev. 19: 55-67.
- Devi NL, Shihua Qi, Chakraborty P, Zhang G, Yadav IC. 2011. Passive air sampling of organochlorine pesticides in a North-eastern state of India, Manipur. J Environ. Sci. 23(5): 807–814.
- Devi NL, Shihua Qi, Chunling L, Dan Y, Yadav IC. 2011. Air-Water Gas Exchange of Organochlorine Pesticides (OCPs) in Honghu Lake, China. Pol. J Environ. Stud. 20(4): 869-875.
- Devi NL, Shihua Qi, Yadav IC, Wei Chen. 2011. Organochlorine pesticides (OCPs) in Breast milk in Hong Kong-Review. J American Sci. 7(1):334-340.
- Devi NL, Yadav IC, Shihua Qi, Singh S, Belagali SL. 2011. Physico-Chemical Characteristics of Paper Industry Effluents –A Case Study of South India paper Mill (SIPM). Environ. Monit. Asses. 177:23–33.
- Yadav IC, Devi NL, Singh S, Prasad AGD. 2010. Evaluating Financial Aspects of Municipal Solid Waste Management in Mysore City, India. Int. J Environ. Technol. Manag. 13(3/4):302-310.
- Devi NL, Yadav IC, QI Shihua. 2009. Recent Status of Arsenic Contamination in Groundwater of North-eastern India-A review. Report and Opinion 1(3):22-32.
- Yadav IC, Devi NL. 2009. Studies on Municipal Solid Waste Management in Mysore City-A case study. Report and Opinion 1(3):15-21.