Pasicha Chaikaew: Visiting scientist (2018.7.1-7.31) from Department of Environmental Science, Faculty of Science, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand.
Pasicha is working with the group on ‘Soil carbon turnover rates of paddy fields in Thailand: an intensive open-field burning versus conservation practices’. Her visit is supported by the SCP and a research funding program to internationally collaborate in research publication from Chulalongkorn University, Thailand.
- Full-time faculty member (2014-present), Department of Environmental Science, Faculty of Science, Chulalongkorn University
- Health, Safety, and Environment Coordinator (2007 – 2009), Siam Moeco Ltd.
- Environmental Analyst (2006 – 2007), International Environmental Management Co., Ltd.
- Ph.D – University of Florida, Gainesville (2009 – 2014), Soil and Water Science
- M.Sc – Mahidol University, Nakorn Pathom (2004 – 2005), Environmental and Resource Studies
- BBA – Maejo University, Chiangmai (2000 – 2003), Business Administration/General Management
- Chaikaew, P., Sompongchaiyakul, P., 2018. Acid volatile sulfide estimation using spatial sediment covariates in the Eastern Upper Gulf of Thailand: multiple geostatistical approaches. Oceanologia. (In press) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oceano.2018.03.003.
- Chaikaew, P., 2018. Route optimization of MSW collection and transport using a GIS-based analysis on the tourism island. Sustainability in Environment 3(3), 197-206.
- Chaikaew, P., Chavanich, P. 2017. Spatial variability and relationship of mangrove soil organic matter to organic carbon. Applied and Environmental Soil Science. Article ID 4010381, 9 pages.
- Chaikaew, P. Nawatrairat, N., Srithongouthai, S. 2017. Modeling spatio‐vertical distribution of sulfate and total sulfide based on sediment properties and environmental covariates along the mangrove intertidal zone. EnvironmentAsia, 10(2): 1‐8.
- Chaikaew, P, Hodges, A.W., Grunwald, S. 2017. Estimating the value of ecosystem services in a mixed‐use watershed: a choice experiment approach. Ecosystem Services, 23: 228‐237.
- Supakata, N., Puangthongthub, S., Srithongouthai, S., Kanokkantapong, V., Chaikaew, P. 2016. Environmental camp as a comprehensive communication tool to promote the RRR concept to elementary education students at Koh Si Chang School. Applied Environmental Education & Communication, 15(2): 184-194.
- Chaikaew, P., Grunwald, S., and Xiong, X., 2016, Chapter 13: Estimation of the actual and attainable terrestrial carbon budget. In: Digital Soil Mapping Across Paradigms, Scales and Boundaries, page 153‐164.
- Grunwald, S., Chaikaew, P., Cao, B., Xiong, X., Vasques, G.M., Kim, J., Ross, C.W., Clingensmith, C.M., Xu, Y., and Gavilan, C., 2016, Chapter 14: The meta soil model – An integrative framework to model soil carbon across various ecosystems and scales. In: Digital Soil Mapping Across Paradigms, Scales and Boundaries, page 165‐179.
- Siddiquee, S., Rovina, K., Azad, S.A., Naher, L., Suryani, S., and Chaikaew, P., 2015, Heavy metal contaminants removal from wastewater using the potential filamentous fungi biomass: a review. J of Microb Biochem Technol, 7(6): 384‐393.