Monitoring and Risk Assessment of Persistent Toxic Substances in Coastal Environments
Duration: 1st – 20th Nov, 2022 (20 days)
Host: Guangzhou Institute of Geochemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Venue: Guangzhou, China
The 20-day training course is funded by the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) as part of the CAS Belt & Road Initiatives (B&RI). Hosted by the Guangzhou Institute of Geochemistry (GIG) of CAS, the training course will be focused on the monitoring and risk assessment of persistent toxic substances (PTSs) in coastal environments, by integrating different expertise and covering topics such as:
- Chemical pollutants in the environment
- Emerging contaminants of concern (new contaminants)
- Field sampling and chemical analysis of PTS
- Risk assessment of PTS in the environment
Besides serial lectures delivered by international and domestic scientists, intensive hands-on trainings including field sampling, chemical pretreatment and instrumental analysis will be made available for sub-groups of the selected students.
How to apply
The training course is designed towards young researchers, i.e., MSc students, PhD students and postdoctoral fellow, from countries/regions along the 21st Century Maritime Silk Road (MSR).
Students and postdoctoral fellows who are interested in participating the training course, please send the following documents, electronically, to the organizer at E-mail address: email@example.com.
- a personal curriculum vitae (CV) with a recent passport photo
- an e-copy of the latest entry record into China on your passport
- a letter of consent from your supervisor in the university or institute
Student selection and cost-free
A total of 20 students will be selected from the applicants based on an assessment of the application stuffs, communication with your supervisor may apply.
The following general cost for the selected students to participate the course will be covered by the training project.
- Round trip air/train tickets between your university city and Guangzhou (for students from outside of Guangzhou only)
- Accommodation and meals in Guangzhou during the training course period, i. e. from 1st – 20th Nov, 2022
- Fiel trips to environmental monitoring facilities and field research stations
Duration of the training course
- Arriving date: 1st Nov, 2022
- Departure date: 20th Nov, 2022
23rd Oct, 2022
About the SKLOG and GIG
The training course is organized by the State Key Laboratory of Organic Geochemistry (SKLOG) affiliated to Guangzhou Institute of Geochemistry (GIG), Chinese Academy of Sciences. The SKLOG has been a leading research laboratory on environmental sciences, and is fully equipped with the state-of-art analytical instruments for environmental analysis.
Located in the heart of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area, Guangzhou is the largest mega-city in southern China, and the capital city of Guangdong province. From the late October to November, Guangzhou features comfortable weather and beautiful fall sceneries. It is the gateway city to the 21st Century Maritime Silk Road, and should be your must-see city in China.
Please direct all your communications via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link of the previous training course on 2018: